A commemorative monument. This 'Expatiory Chapel' was constructed on the site where King Louis XVI and Queen Marie Antoinette were buried in 1793, after they had been guillotined on Place de la Révolution, now known as Place de la Concorde. It was commissioned by King Louis XVIII, brother of Louis XVI, in 1815 and completed in 1826.
To ensure the safety of our visitors, the monument is strictly applying the security measures decided by the french authorities.
The monument is fully opened.